Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Skating Girls

Cordova Skating Rink offered free skating 3 days a week for the summer, and we took advantage of it today!!  I knew signing up for those free passes would pay off, and I'm so glad we got signed up in time!  It's been miserably hot, so hot the girls don't even want to go outside and swim (and I can't blame them!) 






Tonight, we have to go register them for school.  I can't believe they start 3rd grade on Monday!!  I think Ashley is more excited to go back then Jenna is!   Hopefully, this year I won't cry when I drop them off!!  Ha!

I am making Chicken and Dumplings for dinner, it's too hot to cook on the stove, so I am using my trusty crockpot!  I cooked a whole chicken all day (my house smells soooo good) and just added the stuff for chicken and dumplings, plus carrots and potatoes, and will add the biscuits when we get home from registration.   With the other half of the chicken, I de-boned and will use it for chicken-pot-pie later this week!!    I think that menu planning is going to help us tremendously!  I need to look and see what Kroger has on sale next week and go ahead and get next week's menu planned out, complete with Lunch stuff.  Since Ashley can't really eat anything at the school cafeteria, I pack their lunch everyday.  Last year, it was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and lunchables.  Every. Day.  This year, we are going to get a bit more creative! ;) 


I hope ya'll can hear this, because our speakers aren't working!  LOL   I'm loving my new Flip Camera, it's so easy to use and fits SO easy in my purse!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment