Wednesday, August 22, 2012

52 Reasons...

When you have a household to run, laundry to do, a house to clean,  homework to look over, dinner to get on the table, kids to get bathed & put to bed, or even a full time job plus all these things plus everyday life activities, sometimes the most important relationships can get pushed to the side.  After a very crappy day yesterday, I took some time yesterday afternoon to focus on those most important things to me, so for the next few days I want to focus on that. 

Day #1 being my husband, and the reasons why I fell in love with him and the reasons that I fall deeper in love with him everyday. (I'll try not to make our family members who read this blush!)

52  reasons why I love Brent Nolan Stafford

  1. He loves me for me, he never asks me to change the person I am.
  2. His love for Jenna and Ashley is amazing.
  3. He is am amazing step-father.
  4. He is my best friend, one who knows all the good and the bad things about me.
  5. He laughs at me, when I cry at commercials.
  6. He plays the "I love you more" game with me.
  7. He holds my hand in public.
  8. He calls me every.single.day on his way home from work, to ask me if I need him to pick up anything on his way home.
  9. He washes my scion.
  10. He kills nasty bugs and spiders when the girls and I scream for him to come  help us!
  11. He can fix anything, atleast as Jenna and Ashley!
  12. He kisses me every night before we go to bed.
  13. He kisses me each morning before work.
  14. He moves Jenna and Ashley out of our bed, when they have fallen asleep in our bed.
  15. He is amazing on the grill, and cooks the best steak you will ever eat!!
  16. He opens the door for me when we get into a vehicle.
  17. He brings me "happy's" just to see me smile.
  18. He watches girly shows and doesn't complain.. ok, he may have drawn the line on "here comes honey boo-boo" Ha!
  19. He takes out the trash.
  20. He doesn't mind grocery shopping, and does it more than I do!
  21. He loves going to our favorite Mexican restaurant for date nights!
  22. He loves Sushi.
  23. He has sacrificed so much to let me stay home with the girls, and only work part time.
  24. He doesn't mind taking silly pictures with me, especially on the beach.
  25. He is perfect for me.
  26. He knows all of my favorite things.
  27. He can reach really high things on our plant ledge, that it takes me a chair to get.
  28. He loves picking out snacks for the girls, that he knows they will like.
  29. He loves the same people that I do, and we have the same friends.
  30. He loves planting a vegetable garden, and has taught me to love it as well.
  31. He calls and checks on me during the day, or calls just to say hello.
  32. Before we got married, he would drive to Cabot every weekend to see me.
  33. He loves going on "us" trips (which we haven't done in awhile, and need to plan!)
  34. He doesn't mind if I go "out with friends" or "needs a girls trip."
  35. He knows how important my family is to me, and encourages me to keep our relationships strong.
  36. He loves RAZORBACK football!
  37. He makes me strive to be a better wife, mom, and friend.
  38. He trusts me.
  39. He never complains about what I cook for dinner, just don't ask him about my brownies! ;)
  40. He invites me to go to deer camp with him, and actually likes it when I go!
  41. He never gets mad when I wake him up at 9am on a Saturday, because it's too nice to be in bed.
  42. He has never raised his voice at me or the girls. EVER.
  43. He is an amazing kisser!
  44. He like to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie, even if it's a "chickflick".
  45. He is a late owl, but never complains that I fall asleep on the couch at 8:30!
  46. He is my best friend.
  47. He doesn't complain that i don't like to "snuggle" in bed.
  48. I can't wait to grow old with him.
  49. He is a "good" man!
  50. He has fit into "our world" perfectly. 
  51. He loves Jenna and Ashley.
  52. He makes me the happiest girl in the world.
I encourage you to make a list, and share that list with your significant other.  I can't wait to print this out, and leave it somewhere special for Brent! Please comment and tell me if you did, I can't wait to see what everyone's response was, and I will report back with Brent's!

I read this story today, and thought I would share!  I am defiantly on the hunt for a "treasure" box!

Dear Ann Landers,

Last weekend, we celebrated my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary. This morning they left on a long-awaited trip to Hawaii. They were as excited as if it were their honeymoon! When my parents married, they had only enough money for a three-day trip 50 miles from home. They made a pact then that each time they made love, they would put a dollar in a special metal box and save it for a honeymoon in Hawaii for their 50th anniversary. Dad was a policeman, and Mom was a schoolteacher. They lived in a modest house and did all their own repairs. Raising five children was a challenge, and sometimes, money was short. But no matter what emergency came up , Dad would not let mom take any money out of the “Hawaii account.” As the amount grew, they put it in a savings account and then bought CDs.

My parents were always very much in love. I can remember Dad coming home and telling Mom, “I have a dollar in my pocket.” She would smile at him and reply, “I know just how to spend it.” When each of us children married, Mom and Dad gave us a small metal box and told us their secret, which we found enchanting. All five of us are now saving for our dream honeymoons. Mom and Dad never told us how much money they managed to save, but it must have been considerable because when they cashed in those CDs, they had enough for airfare to Hawaii, plus hotel accommodations for 10 days and plenty of spending money. Before they boarded the plane, Dad winked and said, “Tonight we are starting an account for Cancun. That should only take 25 years!”

Ann, I thought you’d enjoy this story about 50 great years of intimacy in marriage!

From a loving daughter in Abilene, Texas


I can only pray, that someday... I can go to Hawaii with Brent!

 
Thank you for making me so  happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment