Monday, October 15, 2012

Menu Planning

I would be lost without Menu Planning!  Every week, I sit down with 2 sheets of paper, and make our Menu for the Week, and then the grocery list.  Usually, I look at the Circulars to see what is on sale, but I don't really "plan" around the sales so to speak! 

Here are some of the things we do:

*We don't usually plan for the weekends either, because we are usually so busy, or the girls aren't here so Brent and I fend for ourselves.

* I love my crockpot, so i usually do that twice a week.

* I use Venison ALOT instead of ground beef.

* We have an egg allergy in our home, so I can't use eggs.

* I usually make enough, so Brent can take to work the next day for lunch.

* We LOVE casseroles, so I make those a bunch!

Here is our menu for this week:

Monday -  Stew (crockpot), Crusty Bread

Tuesday - Chicken, Broccoli and Cheesy Rice Casserole, Green Beans

Wednesday - Lasagna, Garlic Bread

Thursday - Chicken Enchilada's, Re fried Beans

* I buy a Whole Chicken, to use for at least 2 meals, and cook the chicken in my crockpot Rotisserie style.  That way, when I need shredded chicken for a recipe, I have it on hand.  

Here is a blog I did on how I cook it :: Chicken


Does anyone else Menu Plan?  Have any tips you want to share?  Care to share your Menu with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment