I would be lost without Menu Planning! Every week, I sit down with 2 sheets of paper, and make our Menu for the Week, and then the grocery list. Usually, I look at the Circulars to see what is on sale, but I don't really "plan" around the sales so to speak!
Here are some of the things we do:
*We don't usually plan for the weekends either, because we are usually so busy, or the girls aren't here so Brent and I fend for ourselves.
* I love my crockpot, so i usually do that twice a week.
* I use Venison ALOT instead of ground beef.
* We have an egg allergy in our home, so I can't use eggs.
* I usually make enough, so Brent can take to work the next day for lunch.
* We LOVE casseroles, so I make those a bunch!
Here is our menu for this week:
Monday - Stew (crockpot), Crusty Bread
Tuesday - Chicken, Broccoli and Cheesy Rice Casserole, Green Beans
Wednesday - Lasagna, Garlic Bread
Thursday - Chicken Enchilada's, Re fried Beans
* I buy a Whole Chicken, to use for at least 2 meals, and cook the chicken in my crockpot Rotisserie style. That way, when I need shredded chicken for a recipe, I have it on hand.
Here is a blog I did on how I cook it :: Chicken
Does anyone else Menu Plan? Have any tips you want to share? Care to share your Menu with us?