Monday, October 1, 2012

Thinking can be dangerous.



I needed to hear this today.  I need to take a second, and slow down, and listen to what my girls are trying to tell me.  I want them to be able to come to me with anything, Big or Small,  forever.    Even if I have to bite my tongue, or want to spit nails... I want them to trust me enough to tell me ANYTHING and everything.  I know the teenage  years are gonna be hard, but I still hope that even when they are in their "my mother knows nothing" stage, maybe they will come to me to still talk.  I've made it a habit since the girls were little to sit on their bed at night, and talk.  Before bed, when I am snuggling them to sleep, we talk.  I am so thankful for those moments with each of them!!

This weekend was kinda hard.  I saw a facebook post that hurt my feelings.  I don't want to go into too much detail, but I realize that you can't blame yourself for things you have zero control over.  I realize that I'm an awesome daughter, and it's her fault she is missing out.  I realized that the whole situation has caused me to want to be an even BETTER mother than I am, and I'm already a damn good mother.  I realized that I can't stay bitter about it forever, and that some day I will be able to "speak my peace" but not until she is ready to hear it.  I realized that everyone made decisions that they thought were the best for Trey and I.  I realized that my life is good, and I have a whole family full of people that love me.  I realized that everything happens for a reason, and that God knows what he is doing, even when we have no clue.  I am thankful for a father who stepped up to the plate, and did a really good job of raising us! 

This weekend is KBBF in Helena, and I'm super excited to be going to see Bonnie Rait on Saturday night!  Whaaa Hoooo!!    Hopefully, I will see some old former classmates while I'm in town too! 

Let's give them something to talk about!









1 comment: